|Form||Degree||Length in years|
Graduates of Bachelor´s study programme Law
- A graduate obtains basic knowledge of state and law. They are able to orient themselves in the system of law and know the Constitution of the Slovak Republic: Bachelor´s study programme includes complete education in the realm of administrative law and basic knowledge of other fields – civil law, business law, criminal law, etc.
- Positions appropriate for a graduate of Bachelor´s study programme are limited to the areas where the conduct of profession does not require to obtain education in Master´s study programme.
- A graduate is able to execute tasks in state administration and local self-governing bodies, preparatory tasks in courts (clerk), and also, is able to work as a court secretary.
- Accredited Bachelor´s study programme Law is completed with the state examination, which includes the defence of diploma Bachelor´s thesis. Graduates obtain the academic degree “Bachelor” (abbr. “Bc”).
Graduates of Master´s study programme Law
- Positions appropriate for a graduate of the second degree study programme (Mgr.) are to be found mostly in the areas where the rules for the conduct of profession require full university education in Law, i.e. completed Master´s study programme.
- A graduate obtains complete education in law. They are able to orient themselves in the system of law and acquire full education in the main fields of law – civil law, business law and criminal law.
- They are able to adapt themselves quickly, communicate in the basic legal questions and they hold full knowledge of other legal fields – financial law, labour law, international law, etc.
- Graduated are equipped with necessary knowledge and skills for the praxis or further study.
- Accredited Master´s study programme in the field of Law is completed with the state examination, which includes the defence of diploma thesis. They obtain the academic degree “Master” (abbr. “Mgr.”).
A graduate can work as:
o a court trainee,
o a prosecution trainee,
o an articled clerk,
o a trainee in the executor´s office,
o a trainee in the notary,
o a higher court clerk,
o a prosecutor´s assistant.